STUDENTS RECIEVE A HANDBOOK
WITH A LOT OF VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION. BELOW ARE A FEW ITEMS OUT OF
HANDBOOK THAT MAY BE OF SPECIAL INTEREST.
Upon students receiving their lockers, they need to immediately check their lockers for damage and report any damage to the office. Students will be financially responsible for damage to their lockers. Please follow the regulations given below:
Use only the locker assigned to you.
2. Never go into another students locker.
3. Keep you locker neat and orderly.
4. Always close your locker door and keep it locked.
5. Keep your valuables with you and not in your locker.
6. Place your name in all winter clothing and other items.
7. Do not write your name in your locker or on it
8. Memorize your combination. Do not share this information with anyone.
9. Items, including pictures, cannot be taped or glued to the inside of the locker. The only proper way of posting or hanging anything is with a magnet.
Dressing appropriately for school is important. To help everyone understand what is expected, the following guidelines have been established:
Shoes must be worn at all times.
2. Hats are not to be worn inside the school building.
3. Pictures and/or painted words on clothing that violate the standards of appropriate dress will not be permitted.
4. Tank tops for boys and girls, and exposed midriffs will not be permitted. Tank tops may be worn with a sleeved shirt underneath.
5. Shorts need to meet the following criterea (a.) Reasonable length-minimum mid thigh. (b.) No cut-offs hems need to be sewed or cuffed. (c.) No bike or boxer shorts. (d.) Only one pair of shorts at a time.
6. The wearing or carrying of bandanas or colored handkerchiefs or caps attached to the belt is not permitted.
7. Coats, jackets, windbreakers, etc. may not be worn inside the school building.
8. Clothes with holes, slashes or cuts will not be permitted.
9. The wearing of saggy pants or saggy shorts is not permitted.
ENTERING AND LEAVING THE BUILDING:
The school building will be
open at 7:30 a.m. Students should not plan to arrive any earlier than what
is reasonably necessary. Students who must arrive early must report
to the commons. Entrance for students into the building should be
only through the main doors on the east side of the building. Once
students are in the building they are not to leave unless they have permission.
Students need to leave the building by 3:40 p.m. after school unless they
have an activity or they are under the direct supervision of a teacher
Report cards are issued after each grading period. In general, grades are determined by the students ability to do the work, by the amount of work done, by the quality of the work, its neatness, completeness, promptness and by class participation. The grading system is as follows:
A - 94-100
B - 86-93
C - 78-85
D - 70-77
F - BELOW 70
INC - Incomplete
Students who are on the fine list will have their report cards held in the principal's office until payment of that fine.
NMS HOME PAGE
Also visit the NORFOLK PUBLIC SCHOOLS HOME PAGE
COPYRIGHT 1996. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
ORIGINATORS: MRS. VORNHAGEN & MR. FOXHOVEN
REVISED BY MR. GEAR 8-09-01
Last Updated 1-14-04